Do you have a passion for health and fitness that you’d like to share with the rest of the world?
Do you want a way to chronicle your fitness journey to ensure you reach your goals and may inspire others to reach theirs?
It is often said that the hardest part of doing something new is getting started, but I have some good news for you…starting a Beachbody coach blog is a very simple process when you break it down.
Starting a Blog in Less than 10 Minutes
The Three Must Haves to Begin Blogging:
- Domain Name
- Website Hosting
Luckily, all three of these can easily be taken care of in the same place: Bluehost.com
1.) How to Find a Domain Name
To get started choosing a domain name (which I will admit can be daunting if you have your heart set on something, and it’s already taken), you need to head over to Bluehost.com and click get started now. Then, you enter the domain name that you would like, mine is: thefitnessfocus.com. It might take you a few times to find an available name you’re happy with, but it will happen.
2.) How to Host Your Domain Name
Now that you have a domain name (website), you need a place that will host your website. Website hosting is basically renting a place to store your website on the internet, so it has somewhere to “live.”
Again, I recommend Bluehost.com for this, because you get a low cost, trusted website hosting company. And as an added incentive, as new bloggers, you receive a free domain name for hosting with them!
3.) Installing WordPress
Just like installing a program on your own computer, we need to install WordPress to start blogging. The total time should be less than five-minutes following the instructions below:
- Go to this url: https://my.bluehost.com/cgi-bin/cplogin
- Enter your domain name and password and click “Login”
- Scroll your way down the screen until you see the “Site Builders” option image below, and click “WordPress”
- Then, click the “Install” button
- You will want to select the latest stable version of WordPress
- Where you would like WordPress installed after the “/” should be left empty
- Then, fill in the options for site name, username, and password
- Make sure to check the “I have read the teams and conditions” box
- Click “Complete”
Be sure to write down your username and password, and store them in a safe space.
Congratulations, You Now Have a WordPress Blog!!!
Bonus: Selecting a WordPress Theme
To change the look of your WordPress blog, all you have to do is select a WordPress theme. Here is how:
- Login into the backend of your wordpress site by putting this in your browser: www.yoursitedomainname.com/wp-admin
- Click “Appearance” on the left sidebar, and then go to Install Themes
There are thousands of free WordPress themes to choose from.
There also premium WordPress themes like the one this site uses. For example, this site runs the The Genesis Framework, Social Eyes theme.
Bonus II: How to Make a WordPress Blog Post
Again, you will need to be logged into the backend of your website: www.yoursitedomainname.com/wp-admin
- Click Posts, and then Add New on the left hand sidebar
- Enter the title and body of your blog post in the editor
- When you’re finished with your post, click the “Publish” button, and you are done
Here is a graphic of the WordPress blog post area for reference.
You are now officially a blogger!!!
If the above has helped you start a fitness or any blog for that matter, please be sure to use my contact page and send me a link to your new blog!