Having trouble deciding between Brazil Butt Lift vs INSANITY? They are both terrific programs that will get you awesome results, but each has an entirely different approach with different pros and cons which you should consider before spending money on either.
A Brief Introduction to INSANITY and Brazil Butt Lift
Brazil Butt Lift: Brazil Butt Lift is a 60-day at-home workout program designed to get you in shape, whether you’re looking to lose weight and tighten your tush or build up your butt if you’re lacking in the backside area. BBL has a booty makeover calendar that helps you customize the workouts to help you reach your individual fitness goals. It involves a lot of dance-inspired moves and classic leg movements with weighted exercises to sculpt your body sexier than ever. Utilizing the TriAngle training method to get you the best butt of your life.
INSANITY: INSANITY is also a 60-day at-home total-body conditioning workout program designed to whip you in shape, concentrating more on extremely quick weight loss than overall tightening and toning. It’s more of high impact cardiovascular exercise with lots of jumps and bootcamp style training like push-ups and jumping jacks. Looking for six-pack abs, then INSANITY is a good choice for you. INSANITY uses Max Interval Training to get you maximum fat loss in a minimum amount of time. Not for the faint of heart.
Comparing and Contrasting the
|Brazil Butt Lift||INSANITY|
|Trainer||Leandro Carvalho||Shaun T|
|Fitness Level||Beginner to Intermediate||Advanced|
|Length||60 days||60 days|
All in all, each workout will get you looking your best in no time, but there are some major factors to consider. For example, how much each workout costs, what each program comes with, a trainer whose style you will be able to stick with, the diet, how much equipment you’ll need, and so on. Here we go….
If you’re looking to get in the healthiest and best shape of your life, I really wouldn’t let cost be the only deciding factor. While BBL is $60 cheaper than INSANITY, there will be some added expenses for equipment. Of course, there will also be some other suggested expenses for INSANITY. But, here’s a brief breakdown.
- INSANITY is a lot more up front at $119.85, however, you will not need any extra equipment except maybe for a yoga mat and good sneakers if you don’t already have some. If you buy INSANITY directly from Team Beachbody, you will also receive the bonus Fast & Furious workout FREE! This workout is 20 minutes long and is for those days when you just can’t find the time to complete one of the regular workouts. INSANITY can be purchased with bonus workout below.
- Brazil Butt Lift is $59.85 up front, but you will need a yoga mat and other equipment to get the best results. If you purchase directly from Team Beachbody, you will receive the bonus Secret Weapon workout FREE! This 20 minute workout is a killer for your legs. Who knew a towel could be so useful for toning up the tush?! Brazil Butt Lift can be purchased with the link below which includes the free workout.
What You Get With Each Program
- Brazil Butt Lift comes with six workout DVDs, the 6-day Supermodel Slimdown, the Fat-Burning Foods Guide, the Booty Makeover Calendar, Booty Makeover Guide, TriAngle Training Workout Cards for when time is short or when you are traveling, Measurement Tracker card, pencil, measuring tape, bonus Secret Weapon and Bum Bum Rapido workout, FREE online support tools, and booty band. Tehre is also three options to choose from – this is the basic option. You can also choose the Deluxe or Supreme versions.
- INSANITY comes with ten workout DVDs, Elite Nutrition Plan, Fitness Guide, INSANITY workout calendar, FREE online support tools, and FREE bonus Fast & Furious workout DVD.
Brazil Butt Lift vs INSANITY Equipment
Brazil Butt Lift Equipment
- Weights: 3 to 10 lb dumbbells and/or resistance band for your upper body. You will really need to use the weights if you want to sculpt your best body ever.
- Yoga Mat: Not 100% necessary, but if you have hard floors, it’s a lifesaver.
- Ankle Weights: If you want the best results, you must buy a pair of adjustable to 5 lbs ankle weights for each leg.
- Yoga Mat: Only necessary if you have hard floors
- Good Sneakers: There is a LOT of plyo work in these workouts, having shoes with proper support are a MUST!
Comparing Brazil Butt Lift 60 Day Results to INSANITY 60 Day Results
As you can see from the images below, after 60 days of either workout, you will be well on your way to a sexier beach body. Brazil Butt Lift really tones out disproportionate hips to sculpt out a sleeker silhouette that is beach ready. INSANITY helps you blast weight quickly, but as you can see, the toned results are not as noticeable, but the weight loss results are substantial.
How Long are the Brazil Butt Lift and INSANITY Workouts?
This is a hard one to decide where one workout program is better than the other, because both are so different. For example, Brazil Butt Lift’s workouts range from 20 minutes in length to 50 minutes. However, it all depends on what day of the week it is and what schedule you decide to follow. Most of the time, the shorter workouts are combined with one of the half hour workouts to get you around 45 minutes of exercise, at least five days a week. You can always mix the Bum Bum Rapido or Deluxe Kit upgrade DVDs if you get bored with the six offered.
INSANITY’s workout videos all last for around 45 minutes the first month. In the second month, some of the workouts get longer to avoid the plateau effect and keep you motivated. Basically, both last the same amount of time with some days being longer than an hour, etc.
Brazil Butt Lift Diet Compared to the INSANITY Diet
If you want to get the best results from either program, you will have to follow the diet plans. The diets are based on keeping your body energized for the workouts while burning optimum fat levels through correct ratios. Both diets revolve around healthy eating, so it really shouldn’t be a problem – you won’t only be drinking lemon water.
BBL’s Diet Plan is Brazilian-inspired and features some spicy options that are fit for even the pickiest palettes, mine included! It revolves around healthy eating, including low-salt, lean protein, vegetable, fruit, low fat or fat-free dairy, whole grains, healthy fats, and lots and lots of water. It’s very easy-to-follow and provides you with a ton of alternative options for snacks and foods. It keeps you interested with its intriguing recipes. If you really want to stay on track, make sure to order your Shakeology…a real help if you’re crunched on time.
INSANITY’s meal plan revolves around eating five meals a day, 3-4 hours apart. These meals include ratios of about 40% lean protein to 40% low-glycemic complex carbs to 20% healthy fat. This gives you a lot of healthy food options that you can pick and choose what you’re going to eat for the day, as long as you stay to the recommended diet plan. It’s very easy to follow, and includes many recipes to choose from.
Leandro vs Shaun T
The trainers in each video may influence your decision on whether to do Brazil Butt Lift or INSANITY. Here is a little bit about each and my impression.
Leandro is a renowned celebrity and supermodel trainer who has devoted his career to getting these women the best butts they can. He is fun, upbeat, and always tells you to never settle for less. I personally like his charismatic personality, because having a workout that is not only challenging but fun too is really important to me.
Shaun T is more serious than Leandro, but motivational in his own way. When you feel like you want to quit, he always is there to push harder and keep going. A totally different training style than Leandro, but effective nonetheless. If you want to be pushed harder than you ever thought possible, Shaun T is the man to follow.
Which is the Better Workout, Brazil Butt Lift or INSANITY?
Neither workout is better than the other, they are just entirely different. I can tell you that BOTH workouts will get you results, whether you’re in it for the 60 days, or need to follow through a second time to really get rid of all the weight. The images at right are showing you how much either program can really change your body – both results are amazing! These are real success stories from Team Beachbody’s website that I thought would give you a good idea of what either program can do for you as long as you commit to succeed.
Each workout will get you in the best shape of your life, so choosing the workout that you will be able to stick with is the best option for you. If you’re not in great shape, or haven’t worked out in a while, INSANITY will be much tougher to get used to while BBL is easier to tone down to your fitness level. This is not to say you can’t tone down INSANITY.
Truthfully, I did a month of INSANITY after finishing the Brazil Butt Lift, and I was in good enough shape to finish every workout without a problem – something I never thought would be possible since I’d tried it before and had to pause the DVDs every other minute. It’s really intense, but that’s the reason it helps you lose weight so quickly.
Brazil Butt Lift is more about sculpting a sexy, feminine figure without adding bulk all while burning the maximum amount of fat and getting you healthy. It’s not as intense as INSANITY, although Bum Bum is pretty comparable to how tough INSANITY workouts are.
Still Need Help Deciding?
I realize this article covers only the most basics of the programs, so if you’ve read this article and still have questions or would like help deciding which is better for you, please feel free to leave a comment below or email me. I’m happy to help you make the decision between doing Brazil Butt Lift vs INSANITY, an easier one. Please be sure to leave as much information about yourself and your fitness level and/or training experience as you feel comfortable – it will help me better recommend the right program for you.