I admit this post may have gotten a bit out of hand as I was doing it, but I wanted to answer the questions I most often receive about the Brazil Butt Lift workout program in hopes that I can help more people who may not want to leave a comment.
Below is a table of contents for easy navigation. If you hold down ctrl+f on your keyboard, you can also search this page by keyword.
Table of Contents
Questions About My BBL Transformation
Questions About the Brazil Butt Lift Schedule
Questions About the Brazil Butt Lift Workout
Questions About the Brazil Butt Lift Diet
Questions About the Brazil Butt Lift Challenge
1. What BBL schedule did you follow?
I followed the Classic schedule, which is also sometimes referred to as the Combination schedule. It is the most well-rounded workout schedule in BBL that combines the right amount of cardio with the right amount of strength training.
2. How much weight and inches did you lose?
I lost a little over 17 ibs overall in the eight weeks; 3.5 inches from my waist and 5.75 inches from hips. Not too bad for such a short time!
3. Did you follow the 6 Day Supermodel Slimdown plan?
I did. In fact, it is a great way to jumpstart your weight loss when beginning the program. It does add an extra week, since the workouts are different during that week, but it’s well worth it. I still use it when I want to look my best or when I notice the pounds starting to creep back on.
4. When did you start seeing results?
I saw a difference after the first week, but I would never have noticed if I did not take pictures of my week 1 results. So…make sure to take photos every week!
5. How long did you do Brazil Butt Lift for?
I followed the classic schedule, which is actually 56 days or 8 weeks.
6. Did you drink Shakeology?
Yes. I still drink Tropical Strawberry flavor blended with 8 ounces of water and one cup of frozen mixed berries every morning (or alternatively, a frozen banana.)
7. Did you follow any other workout program or do any other exercise while following BBL?
No. I did not follow any other exercise program while doing Brazil Butt Lift or do any other extra exercise. Occasionally, I would go for a leisurely walk with my dogs on my rest day or do yoga, but I did not piggyback jogging on top of the already robust workout schedule of BBL.
8. Which Brazil Butt Lift schedule should I follow?
I’ve learned that the best schedule for almost everyone to follow is the combination program as it is the most intense and most well-rounded. However, there are three other schedules to choose from based on your butt shape.
9. Where can I find a copy of the Brazil Butt Lift workout schedules?
Right here: https://thefitnessfocus.com/brazil-butt-lift/brazil-butt-lift-workout-calendar
10. Can I do the Brazil Butt Lift workouts at separate times of the day?
Yes, you can. When there are two workouts scheduled for one day, you can do them back-to-back or you can break them up. There is no better way to do this, it’s whatever works best for you and your schedule. Workout when you have the time and the energy to give it your all.
11. How many times a week do I have to work out?
This will depend on what schedule you follow, but it ranges from five to six days per week.
12. What BBL schedule do I follow to get rid of my square, flat butt and get a bigger butt?
You would need to follow the BBL Lift & Shape workout schedule and make sure you’re using the heaviest weights possible to build up your curves! If you have a naturally smaller tush.
13. Can I do the Insanity workout and Brazil Butt Lift at the same time?
If you’d like to do both programs simultaneously, I recommend a hybrid schedule of the two. Do not do both full workouts at the same time – you will overtrain yourself and prevent yourself from maximizing results.
14. Should I work out while doing the 6-day Slimdown?
Yes, you will still work out while following the Slimdown, but you should definitely follow the recommended workouts in the Slimdown guide for each day. Just make sure to do them at your own pace, since your energy levels will be lower.
15. What kind of butt/butt shape do I have?
Learn how to figure out your butt shape by checking out my post about the Booty Blueprint Guide.
16. How hard are the Brazil Butt Lift workouts?
They are difficult, especially if you have not worked out in a while. Honestly though, you can easily do them at your own pace. You an make them as difficult or as easy as you need them to be to finish them. Just remember to give it your all at your current fitness level. If it’s not hard to do, you need to work harder.
17. Does the Brazil Butt Lift workout really work?
Yes, but only if you put the effort into the workouts and eat a reduced-calorie healthy diet. That is the only way you will get real results.
18. What if I can’t make it through a Brazil Butt Lift workout?
This is very common at first, so please don’t worry about it. BBL workouts are tough. If you can’t catch your breath or are really feeling too much burn, just pause the video until you catch you breath, or you can walk in place until you are ready to continue.
19. Can the Brazil Butt Lift workout get rid of my saddlebags?
Yes, it absolutely can! BBL targets the saddle bags, and I still thank the High & Tight workout for getting rid of mine :)
20. Will the Brazil Butt Lift workout get rid of the cellulite on my butt and thighs?
The truth is that you most likely will never fully get rid of all your cellulite even with liposuction and 3% body fat. So, your best bet is to minimize its appearance as much as possible to make it look like you have none by losing fat (since that’s what it is) and eating a healthy whole foods diet to rid yourself of the toxins. You’re either predestined to have it or not, but most women will get it at some point in their lives. BBL will minimize it’s appearance though – it got rid of my ugly cellulite.
21. How do I track my Brazil Butt Lift measurements and progress?
You have a few options for this: you can use the online SuperGym on Team Beachbody, you can use a plain ol’ pen and paper, or you can start your own fitness blog and add in a chart each week to track your progress like I did.
22. How will I ever get the moves down?
There’s a reason practice makes perfect. Don’t ever be afraid to pause the DVD and work on your form the first few times through the workouts – even if it takes 45 minutes to do a half hour video. The workout series also comes with the TriAngle Training cards, which will help explain form in more detail, in addition to the Basics DVD.
23. What equipment do I need for the Brazil Butt Lift workout?
You will get the best results with ankle weights, dumbbells or resistance band, exercise bands of varying intensities, and a yoga mat. The yoga mat is not necessary, but your back and knees will thank you if you have hard floors.
24. How heavy of weight should I use for the Sculpt video?
Again, this greatly varies as some people are naturally stronger than others. I would suggest going as heavy as you can while still being able to maintain perfect form. A range of dumbbells weighing in at 3-15 lbs will be suitable for most people to finish the program.
25. Cardio Axe is too easy, can I do another workout?
Cardio Axe is a very easy workout to not perform correctly, which makes it seem easier than it is. If you really focus on moving your hips and keeping your core tight through the entire workout as you exaggerate moves, you will increase the intensity level. Cardio Axe is only as tough as you make it.
26. How many calories does the Cardio Axe workout burn?
How many calories you burn with this workout depends on you and changes from person to person. Your natural resting metabolic rate, your current weight and your current fitness level will all impact how many calories you’ll burn.
27. Do I need to use ankle weights for High and Tight?
Yes, you will only get the best results by using ankle weights. Add weight to your ankles as soon as you possibly can. Adjustable ankle weights are the best option, since you can start with less than a pound and increase weight as you get stronger.
28. What kind of workout is High and Tight?
High & Tight is a toning workout that targets your hips, thighs, and buttocks. You use ankle weights and a exercise band for this workout.
29. Can I go on vacation and do the Brazil Butt Lift program?
While you can always bring your laptop to play the workouts, the Brazil Butt Lift workout program also comes with travel cards to use while you’re on-the-go. They’re no substitute for the real workouts, but they will keep your tush tightened and keep you wanting to stick to a healthy diet while you’re away. Make sure to walk everywhere you possibly can to get in some cardio.
30. Can you do the Brazil Butt Lift workouts with bad knees?
Consult with your doctor first to ensure physical activity is not going to permanently injure you, but you should be able to modify most of the moves to make them comfortable to follow. Just make sure you pay extra attention to your form when doing the lunges and squats – these are two moves where you can really hurt yourself if you’re not using proper form. Focus T25 is also an awesome program for those with bad knees.
31. Should I do Insanity or the Brazil Butt Lift workout?
Here is my post comparing Brazil Butt Lift and Insanity. If you still need help deciding, please leave a comment on that page, and I can help you decide.
32. When should I do the Rio Extreme workout?
The Rio Extreme workout is an advanced workout you can add in when you just have Tummy Tuck or the High & Tight workout for the day. You can also try it out on your off day if you’re feeling adventurous or use it as a Sculpt alternative.
33. Can I buy Brazil Butt Lift workout at the store?
No, you can only purchase the program online. If you purchase it from eBay or Craigslist, be prepared as most often, these secondhand copies are missing workouts or guides, which you cannot buy separately. And because it does not come backed by Beachbody, you will not be able to get a disc replacement if one does not play properly.
34. Where do I buy the Brazil Butt Lift at-home workout program?
You can order the program online or over the phone – it is not available in stores. If you buy directly from Team Beachbody, you receive The Secret Weapon workout for free.
35. I’m not losing weight fast enough, how can I speed up my weight loss?
The safest and most effective and sustainable weight loss is losing less than 2lbs per week. If you’re trying to lose 30lbs in 60 days, it’s not going to happen. You will either starve yourself trying to get there, or get there and then put the weight right back on after you’re finished with the program and eating a more normal diet.
36. Can I buy Brazil Butt Lift in Australia?
Yes, but you need to be sure you have a DVD player that plays NTSC signal, which is basically any DVD player made in the last seven years. Here is more information on ordering internationally from Beachbody.
37. What is the Brazil Butt Lift Secret Weapon workout?
This workout is 20 minutes of torture with a towel. All kidding aside, the Secret Weapon workout is seriously no joke. If you have limited time and don’t mind being sore the next day, try this workout. And yes, it can be used as a Bum Bum alternative.
38. Can men do the Brazil Butt Lift workouts?
Yes, men can also get great overall results with BBL – it doesn’t matter if you have rhythm or not.
39. What do I do if I am not losing weight with Brazil Butt Lift workout?
If you are not losing any weight with the program, then you need to adjust your calorie intake. Make sure you are eating ten times your body weight in calories, if you are eating less than that, increase your calories. If you are eating more than that number, decrease the amount of calories you are consuming.
40. Can I gain weight with the Brazil Butt Lift workout?
Yes, you can gain weight while doing the program, since weight gain is caused by a calorie excess. If you are eating more calories than you are burning, you will gain weight no matter what type of exercise you are doing.
41. Which is better, Brazil Butt Lift or Zumba?
This is a tough one, because they’re both really great workouts. I would say an important factor is whether you want a great, easy-to-follow at-home workout plan that that comes with a complete eating plan for a super easy way to get in shape, or if you would rather go to classes and/or work out from home with no specific diet plan to follow.
42. Where is the cheapest place to buy Brazil Butt Lift?
Unfortunately, there is no cheapest place to purchase BBL. It is the same price everywhere. Ordering through a Team Beachbody link will get you the Secret Weapon bonus workout free, so if you’re looking for the best value, that’s definitely the way to go.
43. Will Brazil Butt Lift get rid of lower belly pooch?
Yes, BBL will help for sure as you lower your overall body fat percentage. Also, you can work on perfecting your posture to make your pooch look less obvious.
44. What is the Pencil Test?
It’s just like what it sounds like: You place a pencil under your butt cheek and if it sticks, you fail…your butt is not lifted enough.
45. When will I start seeing results from Brazil Butt Lift?
It depends on you. However as long as you’re putting your all into the workouts and eating a healthy, well-rounded diet, you should see really noticeable results within 3 weeks.
46. Why am I not seeing results with the Brazil Butt Lift workout?
The most common problem I see from people is not from the workouts not being challenging, but from people not eating right. This includes eating too much, not eating healthy foods, not eating the right ratios of carbs to fats to proteins, or not eating enough calories.
47. Why do I feel bigger after my first week of the Brazil Butt Lift workout?
One week is not really a significant amount of time to see results one way or the other, especially if you’re a woman. Follow the program for at least 3 weeks before trying to make any observations.
48. Is Brazil Butt Lift a dance only workout?
The only dance-based workout in BBL is the Cardio Axe workout. The others are definitely more strength training and cardio-based.
49. How do I stick with the program for the full 60 days?
Read my article on how to stick with your exercise program.
50. How long are the Brazil Butt Lift base kit workouts?
Cardio Axe: 30 minutes
High & Tight: 4o minutes
Sculpt: 50 minutes
Tummy Tuck: 20 minutes
Bum Bum: 30 minutes
51. What do you do after completing Brazil Butt Lift?
This depends on how your outlook is. You could do the program again from the beginning, try the Brazil Butt Lift Master Series workouts to maintain your perfect figure, or maybe opt for another Beachbody program if you want to change it up.
52. Do I need to use the Brazil Butt Lift booty bands?
For the best results, you should definitely use the booty bands. If they are too hard to use when you first begin the workout program, don’t use them the first week or two, and then work you way up to using them. You may even need to purchase different intensity exercise bands when the one that came with the program becomes too easy.
53. How tight should the booty bands be before beginning an exercise?
They should be taut, meaning that you should be able to feel the resistance, but they’re not overly stretched. If you can push them with a finger more than an inch, they are too loose.
54. How long is the Brazil Butt Lift program?
55. How many calories does each Brazil Butt Lift workout burn?
Again, this really depends on you, your current fitness level, how many calories you burn naturally, and many other factors. It ranges from 125-350 per workout.
56. Do I need to purchase the Deluxe Brazil Butt Lift workout DVDs to get the best results?
No, you do not need the three extra workouts to get the best results. While they’re fun to include and change things up while doing the program, they are not necessary to get you the best results. Committing to the program and eating a reduced calorie whole foods diet is what is really going to change your body.
58. How much does the Brazil Butt Lift workout cost?
This depends on what kit you opt for; it is $59.95 for the base kit.
59. How much weight should I use with the Brazil Butt Lift workout?
To get the best results, you should lift the heaviest weight possible that you can while maintaining proper form.
60. How do you get the best results with the Brazil Butt Lift workout?
Read my article on how to get the best results possible.
61. What is the Brazil Butt Lift diet?
The BBL diet plan is based on eating healthy ratios of proteins to carbs to fats in healthy portions. It gets you eating more whole foods, opting away from sugary treats.
62. What do I do if I cheat on my diet?
It’s okay to not be perfect 100% of the time, but don’t make overindulging or indulging in not-so-perfect foods a habit. You will never get the results you want eating junk food. Simply pick up where you left off the meal before as quickly as possible.
63. Why is there so much seafood on the Brazil Butt Lift diet?
I see this statement a lot all over the internet and it’s just not true. There are only a couple of recipes in the BBL meal plan that contain seafood, so if you’re not a seafood-lover, you have nothing to fear.
64. What workouts do I do with the 6-day Slimdown?
The 6-day Supermodel has its own booklet that comes with its own guide for what workouts to do on what days. It is not as intense as the regular workout program schedule to make sure you’re keeping pace with the reduced calories and change of diet.
65. When do I do the 6-day Slimdown?
It is suggested that you begin the program with the Supermodel Slimdown plan to jumpstart your weight loss and get you pumped up for finishing the full eight weeks. It can also be followed any time when you’re feeling like you want to look your best or your pants are a little tight in the waist.
66. Do I have to drink the lemon water in the 6-Day Slimdown?
If you want the get the best results, then yes, you should drink your lemon water. Lemon water acts as a diuretic and also helps cleanse your internal organs of toxins.
67. What do you eat on the Brazil Butt Lift diet?
You can eat a wide variety of foods on the BBL diet, including baked potato chips. However, the idea is to get you eating whole, healthy foods in good portions.
68. What should I eat after my workout?
You want to consume food that will help you recover. Here is a list of ideas: whey protein with fruit, yogurt with a banana, whey protein with dextrose, or even chicken breast with a potato.
69. What should I eat before my workout?
If you need a pre-workout snack, I recommend eating half of a cucumber 30 minutes before your workout begins.
70. What is the lowest amount of calories I can eat on the Brazil Butt Lift diet?
While the Supermodel Slimdown plan has you eating 1000-1200 calories per day, you should NEVER go below 1200 calories per day for the rest of the program despite your current weight – it is unhealthy(your internal organs will not function properly). Follow the workout program’s diet recommendations when it comes to calorie intake.
71. Do I need to drink Shakeology to get the best results?
While I will never know what my results would’ve been without drinking Shakeology, I can tell you that those who drink Shakeology or another healthy meal replacement shake while following an at-home workout program seem to get the best results – they tend to stick with the program more than those who do not, which is a major factor in getting the best results possible.
72. Do I have to follow the Brazil Butt Lift diet?
No, you do not have to follow the BBL diet plan, but you’ll likely want to use it as a guideline – especially for basing your daily calorie intake. You should also take note that the diet plan has really great ideas and recipes.
73. Do I have to drink Shakeology while doing Brazil Butt Lift?
Short answer: no. But I really think it helps your diet if you substitute a meal each day with Shakeology – it keeps you on better track for success.
74. Where do I buy Shakeology for Brazil Butt Lift?
Here is the link to order Shakeology for BBL.
75. Why do I have to drink that much water?
Because drinking water is possibly the best thing you can do for your body. It keeps you hydrated and ensures your internal organs are working efficiently. Plus, it’s calorie-free.
76. What is the Brazil Butt Lift Challenge pack?
The Brazil Butt Lift Challenge Pack is the complete at-home BBL Base Kit with Shakeology on home direct shipping. It’s a great value for those who are looking to put their all into the program.
77. How to join a BBL Challenge Group?
I have new challenge groups beginning the first Monday of every month. Please email if you’re interested.
78. How long does it actually take to see results with the Brazil Butt Lift workout?
That depends on you. I saw small results after one week, but really, I never would’ve noticed my body changed in that one week if I had not taken pictures and measurements on day 1 & day 7. You should start to see noticeable results by week 3 – without having to look at comparison side-by-side images.
79. Who is the creator of the Brazil Butt Lift workout program?
Leandro Carvalho, the renowned fitness trainer to supermodels such as Alessandra Ambrosio is the creator of the series. It is through his unbelievable success helping others get the best shaped butt in their lives that he has become known as the “Brazilian Butt Master”.
80. When was the Brazil Butt Lift workout created?
Good question – BBL has been lifting, reshaping, and volumizing butts for a few years.
81. When I have two workouts scheduled for one day, do I do them back-to-back or do I split them up?
Please refer to the answer for Question #10 for this one.
82. What should I do if I miss a workout day?
You have several options:
- You can just continue on with the regular schedule the next day like you did that day’s workouts.
- You can add the missed workout to your next day’s schedule.
- You can use that day as your rest day.
- You can extend your workout schedule an extra day, so you do not miss any workouts.
83. My knees hurt from the workouts, what should I do?
Rest and ice is the best remedy for sore knees. Once you are healed and feeling no discomfort, try to figure out what is causing the knee pain. The best place to start is making sure your exercise form is perfect.
84. Are the Brazil Butt Lift Before and After pictures real?
Yes, my before and after pictures are real – they are not photoshopped. And so aren’t a lot of others you can find online. Just remember that some people post their results after multiple times through the workout, so if it seems too good to be true that someone loses over 20 lbs in one round of BBL, it probably is.
85. Where can I see more Brazil Butt Lift workout Before and After pictures?
Here are my weekly photos, and here is a Google image search.
86. Where can I find a Brazil Butt Lift discount code?
Unfortunately, there are no BBL discount codes that I know of.
87. I bought my BBL package on eBay and a disc does not work, what should I do?
Your best bet is to contact the seller and see what they can do for you. Unfortunately, it is only if you purchase the program directly from Beachbody that they are able to replace the disc for free. They do not sell the workouts individually.
88. Is the Brazil Butt Lift workout just going to work my butt?
No, BBL is a full body workout with strength training, toning workouts, and cardio workouts. It is a well-rounded workout program that will get your entire body looking sexier than ever.
89. Will Brazil Butt Lift workout make my butt disappear?
This is a really tough one to answer, since there is so many factors, including what your own perception of a small butt is. It really depends on genetics how you will look after the program, but BBL is designed to give you the best shaped bum, including rounding, lifting, toning, and volumizing your tush. If you do begin to lose to much of your butt, I would recommend switching schedules.
90. Where do I take measurements?
I would measure around the hips, thighs, and stomach – but you should track your measurements on the measurement tracker card your workout program comes with, so you can total your overall inches loss at the end of 8 weeks to see how all your hard work has paid off.
91. How often should I weigh myself?
Please do not weigh yourself more than once a week – you will drive yourself insane.
92. How do you maintain your Brazil Butt Lift results?
I maintain my results by continuing to work out on a regular basis. Whether that means doing one of Beachbody’s many at-home programs or simply going for a brisk walk with the dogs, it doesn’t make a difference. As long as I’m exercising, I’m still good. Plus, I still eat healthy.
You can maintain your results by following BBL with the BBL Master Series – it was specifically designed for use once you have gotten the results you want with BBL. If you’re looking to continue to lose weight, then you can do the regular BBL program again or another program like Insanity.
93. How can I keep the fat in my butt?
You cannot spot reduce when working out. In other words, there is no way to keep the fat in your butt and lose it only from your stomach. You will lose fat at the same rate from all over your body. That means you will see the most weight loss first from the place you care about the least.
94. Where do I measure my hips?
You measure around the widest part of hips. Stand in a mirror – it makes it much easier.
95. Can a 50+ year old woman do Brazil Butt Lift?
Yes, one of the best results I have seen is from a 52-year-old mother of 3.
96. Can I change my butt in 30 days or will it take the full 60?
Your butt will change every day, but it will take time to notice the changes. With proper diet and a dedication to the workouts, you will see a change in 30 days.
97. How can I push the fat from my stomach down to my butt?
You cannot move fat from one area of your body to another – it’s physically impossible. Where and how much fat you hold in the different areas of your body is genetic. If you’re looking to lose the fat in your stomach and keep the size of your butt, you will need to reduce your calorie intake to lose weight on your entire body while at the same time, building up your bum.
98. Can I jog with the Brazil Butt Lift Plan?
Yes, you can. However, you would likely need to adapt the schedule, so that you do not overtrain. You should not run and do the Classic schedule – it’s too much.
99. Can I do Brazil Butt Lift while pregnant?
You would need to consult your physician.
100. I just had a baby, how long do I have to wait to do Brazil Butt Lift?
When you can exercise after giving birth depends on a lot of factors. It is best to consult your physician – usually, it’s safe to work out after 12 weeks, but this is not always the case, and BBL is a tough workout program.
101. How do I make you my personal coach to get me on track and keep me motivated to ensure I get the best results possible?
Glad you asked! You can create a free Team Beachbody account here to make me your coach. I will be able to help support and motivate you through your entire transformation.
While I hope this page was useful for you, if you don’t see your question answered above or would like something more tailored to your current situation, please comment below.